Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I love going to Vans. I hate the fact that I'm comfortable skating there though. It makes it so I'm lazy to look for another place to skate. I went today. It was great. Today was one of those days were I actually felt like I belonged on a skateboard. I don't. Not really. If I was I would've been born with one attached to my feet. I wasn't.
Sometimes I seriously consider quitting. I'd finally be able to wear kewt dresses and skirts and not have bruises and cuts all over my legs. I wouldn't have cuts and scrapes all over my elbows. Coaches and teachers in high school used to think I got beat at home. No more hip and butt pain. No more wrecked shoes. No more busted ankles. No more spending money on boards. I don't think I could ever quit though. I love it too much. It keeps me happy. I seriously wouldn't know what to do with my free time. Maybe I'd hang out with girls and do girl stuff. Maybe I'd spend more time at the mall. Maybe I'd watch more tv, read more books, sleep more. Ehh.
The dudes that work and skate there just make it that much more of an awesome day. They're so..so..nice. Mike gave me wheels. Kyle keeps me laughing. Yoda is amazing at skating and is friends with everyone. Bryan and Brentley are just...awesome dudes. I fall alot. Always have. Always will. I fall, and there they are making sure I'm okay. I usually don't like it, the whole double standard thing, but it's starting to grow on me. Anyway..its pretty cool to have those dudes around.
Everytime I go skate vans I try to learn something new or learn how to do what I already know how to do on something bigger. I think everytime I've gone I've been able to do that. Today...fifty fifty all the way across the ledge back into the bank.
I fell alot today...a pretty normal thing for me. Sometimes it sucks. Most of the times falling is the way I know that I'm learning. My arms hurt from running into the wall, legs and shins hurt, my butt hurts, my head hurts, my hands hurt. There was one fall where I thought I was going to be done for the night. I don't know what happened. I slipped out, bounced off the ledge and landed on the rail. My ribs and knee felt like they were going to explode. They didn't. Obviously. I got it in the end though. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment