Thursday, April 7, 2011

When I first moved to Florida, I would go on bike rides to Al's Pizzeria which was a six mile round trip bike ride. Now that I don't eat pizza, I usually just ride around my neighborhood. Today was the first time since the fall that I've gone on a bike ride outside of my neighborhood and  I went to the local health food store and picked up some raw treats. I didnt even know we had a store around here that sold organic produce and a whole bunch of vegetarian and vegan foods. Definetly going to stock up on vegan cookies for if I end up getting off the raw food this summer after the set 90 days. I've been thinking about it alot lately and I realize that I feel better than I've ever felt in my entire life since starting to eat raw. I'm not quite sure I want to go off it after the 90 day attempt at being 100% raw. Its a very simple easy lifestyle. I don't miss eating cooked food. So far it's going pretty well. I've fallen madly in love with green juices. My favorite right now is plain spinach and apple. Sometimes I'll mix carrots, cilantro, and cucmber in there, but for the most part spinach and apple is where it's at. I've had a few minor slip ups here and there, like when I buy a couple 'raw' treats, don't realize that they use raw agave nectar and don't remember that raw agave nectar is actually heated to 140 to process it, or have 'raw' sushi but don't realize till after that the rice was cooked. For the most part I've done pretty good, I'm human though. Anyway...It was pretty fun exploring their store and I saw alot of cool stuff I didnt know was out there. After my exploring I skated Vans for four hours and then hung out at Taco Bell with a couple buddies. All in all, a pretty great day.

Tomorrow, I'm getting up early again and doing another long bike ride. Maybe nowhere special this time, just far. My goal is to try and go on a long bike ride everyday. At least five miles everyday. Today was day one.
On another note... there's a farmer's market tomorrow so I'm definetly going to check that out. I've been craving fresh figs like crazy lately, so I'm trying to find a tree or at least the fruit. I saw a couple trees at whole foods, but they're little and don't yet have fruit. And there's two more farmer's markets this week, one on Saturday and one Sunday. And on Sunday there's a raw food prep class at Whole Foods. And the Real premiere is on Monday at Midtown. So much awesome stuff going on in the next few days. I'm very excited!

Oh yeah, finding Durian around Kissimmee was a total fail. I'm going have to make the trip to Colonial in Orlando and search the oriental markets up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment