Thursday, October 14, 2010

Destroyed in 10 seconds

I had pizza at this one pizza place by Vans today. I'd eaten there before and only once ordered something to drink because everything there is so expensive. One slice of pizza ends up being a little less than five bucks with tax. I figure why pay for a drink when you can get free water out of a water fountain? I order my slice of pineapple pizza and start eating it, when the lady asks me if I would like a cup of ice water. I obviously go ahead and say yeah. Free water with free ice...Why not?

She tells me not to say anything and I figure she's not allowed to give out free water. I start drinking it and it turns out it's sprite! I was pretty bummed. I'd gone a month without touching soda and in ten seconds my soda-less streak was ruined.

It's not like I crave soda or anything either. It's not even like i'm trying to not drink it, I just usually don't. I'm used to cutting soda out in the fall and winter months because of wrestling. I don't wrestle anymore but after doing something for five years, it's easier to just keep doing it. Plus it's healthier to not drink soda. Today I was just expecting water. I felt like a little kid that had been tricked into eating vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. What I wouldn't do for that sip of Sprite right now......

    ReplyDelete