Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love food.

And you already know that if you've seen my last few posts. Fudge...almost my whole blog is about food. It's just too good. What can I say? It's a necessity. Even if it wasn't...too good. Anyways...I'm on a raw food diet thingy, so I never get to cook for myself. The most 'cooking' I do for myself is peeling a cucumber. I've taken it upon myself to cook for the fam the last couple weeks and it's been great! For me. They are probably gaining weight. Haha. Sucks for them. You are probably thinking, "What the heck are you doing cooking, when you can't eat what you make?" Or, "I bet you probably just make the fam. stuff you don't like, so you don't get the urge to eat it."
I spent all day in the kitchen today. I don't think I could've spent the day a better way. I made a creamy, cheesy fettucini alfredo with garlic infused shrimp. The color was gorgeous. The fragrance was intoxicating. I made the pasta dough this morning and stretched it out and sliced it into fettucini strips just before I cooked it. The freshest pasta I've ever made. So much better than the store bought stuff. The texture of the pasta is so different. Cooking time is much shorter. And the taste of the actual pasta itself is apparently way better. It smelled amazing, looked amazing, and tasted amazing (or so I was told). I almost gave in. I was stoked to see my family gobble it down with a side of toasted and buttered slices of italian bread. Not a noodle was left on plates. I made a gooey chocolate brownie souffle covered in chocolate frosting and pecans for dessert. More than half of it was gone in the first five minutes.
My parents are impressed with my cooking skills but even more impressed with my will power. I think it's so funny to hear them talking about me not eating any of the food I make. What they don't know is that it is so much easier to make food and not eat it, than it is to see food being made, get offered food, and have to say no. It's so much easier to only have to say no to one person. And that one person is yourself.
I've been hooked on cooking lately and trying out a whole bunch of different recipes. In the last couple weeks I've made cheesy jalapeno poppers, cheddar bay biscuits, stuffed manicotti, deep dish pizza, burgers, lettuce wraps, garlic knots, chocolate chip pancakes, pecan pancakes, breakfast omelettes, cheese bread, shrimp scampi, and cinnamon raisin french toast. My next endeavor? Homemade mozerella cheese. I already know how to make fresh cheese, mozerella is next. Definetly will be made later this week. Oh and biscuits with sausage gravy! And fruit tarts! Oh my!
I love being in the kitchen. I'm starting to think it might be a pretty good career or side career. Maybe even back up plan. Maybe? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment