Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tonight for dinner I made some ceviche (without fish of course), jicama "fries", and some jalapeno poppers (for my mom and uncle who eat regular food).
I never had jicama before today and was actually scared to try it. I saw it a Whole Foods today and was just inclined to get it. Jicama is a brown, bulbous looking veggie that is white in the middle and is sweet. Its usually eaten raw with lime. Or it can be seasoned with different spices to imitate french fries. I went the french fry route. I cut the jicama up into french fry looking strips and tossed it with a little organic olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and parsley. They were delicious!
What I like best about this whole raw thing is getting in the kitchen and just experimenting with flavors. I could just have a salad every night and be totally fine, but that gets a little boring sometimes. I like the kitchen anyway.  
Fishless ceviche. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment