Friday, January 27, 2012

I love food.

Dad: Where did you get all that?
Me: The store.
Dad: Why didn't you ask me for money?
Me: Because I have some.
Dad: From where?
Me: My tuition.
Dad: Stupid daughter. You should ask me. What are you making?
Me: Pasta. Do you want some?
Dad: Of course! I never say 'no' to food.

...now I know why I like food so much.

If I could pick 10 things to eat for the rest of my life, I would pick:
1. Blueberries
2. Strawberries
3. Mushrooms sautéed with garlic
4. Cantaloupe (has to be ripe and sweet)
5. Water from a young thai coconut
6. Fresh spring rolls with the delicious peanut sauce
7. Crisp organic gala apples
8. Watermelon (has to be sweet)
9. Fresh pineapple
10. Pizza (just because it's that good and there's so many different types)


This was dinner tonight.

It was delicious. It's brown rice pasta with green beans, scallions, sesame seeds, mushrooms, gluten-free soy sauce, and bean sprouts. It was vegan and gluten-free.
My dad and uncle ate some and they thought it really good. They tend to stay away from anything I say is healthy because some of the stuff I've given them has made them want to gag (like green juice). Today I didn't say 'healthy' or 'vegan' or 'gluten-free' so they were down to eat. They ate more than I did (which is hard to do) and it kinda made me wish I'd said one of the scary words.

No comments:

Post a Comment