Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Day of Wrestling!!

Today was so much fun! I did not think I would make it to practice but I did. I went to bed at 2 am, woke up at 5 am to finish a paper and went to bed at 8 am. I woke up at 4 pm, fed my dog, the chickens and rabbits, showered and got ready for practice. I grabbed an apple on the way out. I got there early and just got to hang out before almost dying. I thought I would be in some kind of good shape because I've been eating better, running, working out and skating a little bit. Boy was I wrong! Just the running for warm-ups got me rethinking deciding to wrestle. My chest and nasal passages are still super congested, so I was a having a super hard time breathing anyway. Halfway through practice I got super lightheaded and dizzy and realized the only thing that I'd had for more than 24 hours, was an apple and 2 liters of water. Next time, I'll make sure I get more to eat before going to wrestle for two hours! I ended up sweating through 2 shirts and my hoodie! My ankle is the size of an orange, my back hurts, and I'm starting to get wrestler's forehead. It was insane. I'm going to be unbelievably sore tomorrow and I wouldn't have it any other way!
I realized a few things at practice:
1. I need to work on speed. Cutting weight and getting back into shape will help that.
2. I need to work on takedowns. Drilling them will help that.
3. I need to work on getting used to wrestling 6 minutes. Drilling, running more, cutting weight, getting back into shape will help that.
4. I need to get stronger. I'm going to have to start lifting hard again. Iron biceps, here I come! Hehee!

Best dinner after practice! Gluten free pasta, vegan cheese, and handfuls...no, a MOUNTAIN of spinach! Nom. Nom. Nom. The spinach is definitely the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment