Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mind = Blown

Weird is a word thats going to be used alot in this post. Just a warning...
Its so weird to see people you see in skate videos and magazines in real life. Or to meet someone and then see them in stuff like that..its weird. I went to Arizona almost a month ago and it was like stepping into another world. Not really. But there were dudes I've only seen in magazines and photos and videos, just skating a local park and to me its just really weird to see. Its awesome, but wierd. What's even weirder is knowing that there's people that skate with them on a daily basis and it's not even weird to them. No big deal. The way I see it, to them it's just another dude that skates. It obviously is, they're just really, really good.
I think I'll always feel weird skating around dudes that are that good. I think if I lived and skated somewhere with dudes like that around all the time, I would stand around most of the time and just watch. I would hate to get in their way. Maybe I'd get used to it eventually. It would probably take a long time though.
One dude I saw on my trip was Marty Murawski at Tempe Park. First time I ever heard about him was watching Wednesdays with Reda. Seeing him skate in real life...it's weird. So weird. Thats the only way I know how to explain it. Weird. Amazing. Awesome.



Another dude, Ryan Reyes. I saw that dude twice before I officially met him. Meeting him was so surreal. I shook his hand and seriously thought I'd wake up any second and be back home in Florida. My mouth got all dry and my face probably got all red. I think I almost forgot my name. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but meeting him was awesome enough to get a status update on facebook. That's saying something! I definetly have to say that RyRey has been one of my favorite skaters since I started skating and finally meeting him was insane. Seeing him skate in person was even more insane. Super starstruck everytime for sure.
I've watched this video soooo many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment