Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wrestling practice starts soon

It starts on Tuesday for me. 6pm. I've been watching a whole heap of wrestling videos trying to get back in the mindset. I need wrestling shoes. I left both pairs of my old wrestling shoes in Utah. I definetly didn't think I would be wrestling in Florida. I can honestly say I'm terrified to wrestle again. I don't think I've ever been so scared to do something. I haven't wrestled or worked out in months. I'm scared I won't be able to keep up or that I won't be able to wrestle like I used to. Or that I won't be strong enough. I'm scared my ankles and knees won't be able to stand the beating they get at wrestling practices. My knees are already swollen and in pain. Maybe pounding them on a wrestling mat for an hour and a half will be too much. I keep telling myself its dumb to be scared. If I can wrestle, I will and if I can't then theres always skateboarding to keep me busy. I don't think my brain wants to process that though because no matter how many times I tell myself that, I'm still scared.

David Taylor is one of the nicest, down to earth wrestlers. He hasn't let his success get to his head. This match is super old, but it is definetly one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment