Monday, December 12, 2011

Raw Food Christmas Pot Luck

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a raw food potluck. I was kind of hesitant about going because I wasn't going to know anyone, it was pretty far, and it was raining really hard. I'm glad I went though because it was alot of fun and the food was great! When I decide to eat raw I usually just eat some fruit or juice some vegetables. I never really take the time to make a meal. It was really nice to have so many different textures, flavors, and dishes available. I think my favorite dishes were the chia pudding and these sweet raisin-flax crackers made in the dehydrator. They were delicious.
The people I met were really cool. There were people pretty much of all ages there, although there weren't any kids. I met this older gentleman named George. He has his own wheatgrass and raw food business that he started with his wife. When his wife died about two years ago he moved to Rincon in Puerto Rico and stopped the business. He started it again and is doing very well. He travels from his home in Puerto Rico to Florida every weekend just to sell at the farmer's markets in the area. Imagine getting to fly and travel every week!! He said that when he goes to the airport all the staff knows him so he gets to go to the front of the line! He was super knowledgeable about raw food and the benefits of wheatgrass. I talked with him and picked his brain for about an hour and learned so much. I can't wait until the next pot luck!

Pot luckers.

The dinner is usually held at Whole Foods every second Sunday of the month, but this time it was held at an art gallery in Maitland. It was a beautiful gallery. I spent alot of time looking at the paintings and other art pieces of art.



No comments:

Post a Comment